So first of all we finally the Familia Chavez Gomez. It was somthing super special and we were just so happy to be a part of their confirmation. Another thing that happened that was really special is the ward council that we had before Sacrament meeting. So in the ward we have a problem with the Bishop. He hates using the tithing money to help families in the ward because he thinks it only creates problems and they will just be wanting more money from the church. The Familia Chavez Gomez live in a little cube house with half a roof and no bathroom, there are 9 people that live there. This time of year is a very hard time for them to live, it rains everyday now. They have half a roof so water enters in and they don’t have a front door so when it floods the water comes in that way. If anyone here in Mexico needed help from the church it's them. We told the bishop what the problem was and he told us that we need to baptize people and families with money. I was so mad, so we brought everyone to visit them and had her share her testimony with them to get them to know that it will be a very nice thing to do. Build them a better living space. Everyone was overwelmed and demanded that the Bishop swallow his pride and help this family. So after battling a few days with him, he finally said that it would be a good thing to do and this week and the next we will be starting to build them a new living space! I’m so excited because I know they will love it!
Other than that amazing family, we dropped all of our investigators that we had. They just were not progressing at all. Really sad. I hate doing that so much and they were have so much potential but they just did not want to do anything! So nothing new to report there.
I heard that my friends are starting to come home, I have a friend here that is going home in three weeks. His name is Elder Cardon and he was my Zone Leader in Tulancingo, now he is my District Leader and he is going home soon. Crazy how time flies by. I’ll be home before I know it. I don’t want to waste any time.
You need to send me all of those pictures from the birthday party and some more! I miss my family and feel like I don’t even know what they look like anymore! I love you guys so much.



No comments:
Post a Comment