Well family, another week down and I swear I feel like I was just writing you guys yesterday.
Time is flying by! I think it’s because my companion is going home this
week so we have been trying to work very hard to send him off on a good
note. But, we love working here in Constitution. We baptized all of our
investigators already so we don’t have anyone to teach anymore but oh
well, we have been trying to find more and more people to bring the
Gospel to.
I’m
so jealous that you all got to go to Canada with the whole family last
week! I bet it was super fun. I can’t wait for another family reunion
like that some day when I will actually be there. But we had a good week
none the less. First off, let me talk about Octavio. Man I have never
met a child of God more prepared than he is. We confirmed him a Deacon this Sunday
and it was something special. He asked my companion to give him the
Holy Priesthood before he sends off to Colombia. Elder Gomez did a
wonderful job and gave an inspiring blessing. Right when we gave him the
priesthood I could actually feel it, I I know he felt it too because he
broke down in tears. It was a great day for him and all who were in
attendance.
Our
Family Chavez Gomez is rocking it. This week was great with them also.
They actually called us early in the morning to ask if we could cut the
boys hair before they left for school the next day. I did a pretty good
job if I do say so myself. They asked us the favor because they didn’t
have enough money to go to a barber shop to get it done. We then took
them out to the park to play some futbol and eat some tortillas. They
are such a great family and I cannot wait for you to meet them someday.
So
other than that we have just been doing some visiting and trying to get
the members involved with the work here. Today we are going to invite
new persons to baptism. There are 2 men who we found tracting one day,
they seem interested but they did ask us for money after the first visit
so we will see how that all works out in the end. Pray for us. I love
you guys so much and LOVED the pictures you sent me of the family trip.
Hope you are well.
No comments:
Post a Comment