8.18.2014

Hey family how are you? This week was super great with all of the baptisms falling through and everything else.

So Saturday morning we had our baptism for Octavio. Everything went so well, but unfortunately the ward could not help us with anything so I made the program as usual and gave a sick talk about baptism. His family came from Tulancingo to suport him and his uncle baptized him. I actually know them really well from when I was serving there. He was so happy and we had the best experience.  His testimony at the end was something special too. He gave us a huge shout out and thanked us with tearful eyes for visiting him and teaching him the gospel. Afterward, I spoke with him and thanked him for what he said but also told him that we didn’t do anything, but the Lord did everything. None the less, he was very thankful. I have never taught somone so prepared in receiving the gospel like I had with Octavio. I will always remember the strong spirit we felt as we were teaching him the gospel of Christ.

We then spent the rest of the day getting ready for our next baptisms that took place in the afternoon. We looked for new houses for the sister missionaries. We just split our area to make room for two more missionaries in the ward. Hopfully they won’t change me out of here because I absolutely love it here.

The baptisms took place for the two little kids and it seemed about half the ward showed up which made Octavio feel pretty bad. They were pretty excited to be baptized and even the little primary kids sang a special number for them. The most special part was when their mom told everyone that she wants her kids to serve missions and grow up to be like Elder Elton and Elder Gomez. That right there made my day.

Well everything seems to be doing well here. I did have a misunderstanding with the president’s wife but I forgave and forgot so don’t worry. I love you all soo much.








No comments:

Post a Comment