July 21, 2014






Wow, what a week. This week was my last with Elder Martinez because we just found out that he has changes. So we are getting all his stuff packed up to leave and stuff.

Somtimes I feel like I’m in a completely different world out here. Some things here are so different and it slows the work a lot. But it makes us work harder and harder as we go on. So through our hardships and obstacles, we learn humility and continue on.

We have 3 people that want to be baptized and receive the blessings but they aren’t married yet. So the one huge obstacle that we have here is that the government makes you pay a lot of money to get married and even more money to divorce. So all of our investigators here are thinking that it might be a waste of time to marry if it doesn’t work out. So they all live together without making it official so they can leave whenever they want. So that is where we are now with all of our investigators that we are teaching. But other than that they are doing great! They really feel the spirit when we come and teach, and all are reading the scriptures. We have a problem with the boyfriend of our investigator Yvonne. At first he really wanted to get married and be baptized but now he wants nothing to do with us. We don’t know what happened at all but it threw us off balance. Yvonne is pleading with him to get married, partly because they are expecting a baby soon and she wants to be baptized already. We will see what happens.

Also we always have less actives because the church doesn’t give out money like others do here. It is making our patience strong though. Our progress with the ward is growing rapidly. We have been visiting the active members a lot and gaining their confidence so they are coming with us to our visits and giving us lots of references. I can feel that this next cycle will be great in terms of finding new people to bring to Christ.

This week I have really been missing you. My friend is finishing his mission tomorrow so he has been talking about his family a lot. It makes me miss you guys a lot. The family Chavez Gomez are doing great. We are making great progress with them and their house. We are starting to clean their house for preparation tomorrow, I’ll make sure to take lots of pictures of all our progress.  They had a visitor yesterday that almost got in a fight with me. He was high on some dope stuff and I almost knocked him straight because he was saying some stupid things but my comp told me that we should leave. So that’s whats we did.

So family I hope your all doing well. I love you so much and love hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment