July 14, 2014








Hey family I hope all is well with you this week. This week was pretty long to be honest. All and all we had a good week but we are in a baptism drought. So this week president put a new rule about our letters to him. All in Spanish. So far so good.  I have been actually surprising myself with the amount of Spanish that I know now. Hopefully it will keep improving like it has because we have had no time to study at all. I'll pick it up though.

So this family that we are helping is so great and thankfull for all the help the ward has given them. It is so surprising to see how the ward loves helping this family and giving them clothes and furniture and stuff like that, but they will not help us in finding more people to teach. I don't know if the missionaries can still knock doors over there or not but we have been doing it a lot here lately. With no success but people have told us to come back later to teach them, hopfully we will get some promising results. Elder Martinez and I have been really sudying hard on our contacts and lessons for that one family that will want to hear us. We have been really teaching well together and that book of lesson experiences mom sent me has really helped us get the kids involved too, thanks mom.

We have this amazing couple getting ready for baptism but the one thing they are missing is to be married. They were planning to get married last month so they could be baptized but unfortunately one of their friends got a divorce so they are scared to get married now. They are expecting a baby soon as well. So we talked to them and they told us that they want to be baptized but don't want to get married, or live in different houses, so we are going to give them a little time to think about it more.

I feel like this cycle has gone really fast. And as my good friend Elder Cardon is leaving soon, I feel like I have little time left here. I really do love it here. I know it’s 9 more months but still the time will not slow down. I really missed my family this week, my kids are growing up so fast!  I miss you guys so much, sometimes its so hard being in a compleatly different place.  But don't worry, I don't feel like that anymore.

Well other then that, my companion has been feeling pretty sick lately as well. I don't understand why we are so sick lately. But we are doing just fine here. I hope all is well with you all and that you haven't forgotten me by now. I love you so much, have a nice week!

No comments:

Post a Comment