May 26, 2014
Wow! It seems like you guys have had a great week! Thanks mom for the letter!!!
This week was pretty good, lots of ups and downs. It seems like every other week is great and the next is not so great. But this week was fun because this Saturday we had our Open House at the church to dedicate it. We have worked so hard in trying to invite people to the dedication but only like half the people we invited came. It was such a beautiful dedication but the Stake Presidents talk before was so unorganized and rushed that all of the non-members left with a lot of questions. In a way its good because they want us to explain some stuff he said to them. We were in charge of the missionary lessons and taught people about the gospel and a little something about every lesson we teach. It went great and as a result we received 2 new families and 3 new investigators to start teaching. Some of the members of Tulancingo, my last area, came to see the beautiful building so it was nice to catch up on how the ward is doing.
We worked hard this week in a “colonia" that we know little of. I think I am the first American who has ever set foot in the place. I believe so because everyone couldn’t stop staring at me. This one lady got her whole family out to see me so I said hi and all the little kids ran inside. They didn’t seem to interested either, I don’t even think they spoke Spanish. We went on divisions with the bishop and a young man. I was with the young man. I knocked on this door and after a long awkward pause they let us in to share with them a message, It was great and I taught them so well. We returned the following Friday and they read 1 Nefi. Unfortunately their mother visited them to tell some bad stuff about us “mormones" and told us never to come back. But the work continues forth. So we are finding at least one new person a day here which is great.
We have been having a little trouble with our investigator Miguel. He just can’t stop smoking so we changed his baptism date for the 7th next month. We are working hard with him and the ward as well. This ward is so great. Always wanting to help and contribute in anyway possible. I really do love it here and can’t wait for another great week.
I love you all so much and seriously can not wait to see you again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment