March 3, 2014






So this week has been pretty interesting.  We have had some ups and downs but the thing that took up most of my week was the problems of other missionaries.

So this week we have gotten some visits from our leaders to resolve their problems that they have been haveing.  They are actually with president right now to get some help but for the better part of the week they were with us complaining so we didnt get that much done as I wanted.  But hopefully they will get everything sorted out before we go on divisions.  My comp and I are the only ones not having problems so lets hope it stays that way.

Speaking of my comp and I, the family that we are teaching do not take us seriously and its so hard to teach them when they just think of us as kids and dont come to church.  One time a lady was in the lesson and she kept yelling at me because I dont speak perfectly and Im living here.  She was a pain so I kind of yelled at her in English and she quickly realized that Im not dumb its just the language.  But the Gonzalas Robles family just wont come to church unless they want to so we brought the bissop to teach them and he made them realize the importance of church attendence so that was great.

This week we have been trying to look for new people to teach but Its hard when the members dont give us referels and we cant knock doors anymore.  But other than that we have been trying everything to get some new people to teach.  So in other news we confermed our recent converts like 2 sundays ago but they havent came back to church since.  I feel like everything has been falling apart this week because we found out that people lie to us and tell us what we want to hear just so we will go away.  For example, we had a serious talk to one of our new converts and asked him if he stoped smoking only to find him on the street drinking and smoking.  I feel so sorry for people who feel the need to lie to us.  All we want to do is help.  If they dont want it then they should just say so for us not to waste our time visiting them.

Well not everything was bad this week.  I learned to love my savior.  Whenever Im having a bad day I always thiink it could be worse.  I am just trying to invite the gosple into their lives.  If they dont want it the worst they can do is say no.  Jesus did the same thing and way more and got a worse response then we do.  I love the example that he sets for all of us.  I am so blessed that everyday I can learn more from his teaching to help every kind of need that our investigators have.  This is a perfect gosple.

Well this week I miss you so much.  I am really greatfull to all of our blessings and the greatest of them being our family.  I know the lord loves me because I was rased in a wonderful family.  Life is great. Ill end with one of my favorite quotes. "Dont worry, be happy."

--
Elder Byron Joseph Smith Elton
Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment