BJ's weekly email


Buenos días familia. ¿Como están? Well today was a great day, and even better, this whole week has been super successfull.  First Im going to talk about divisions that I have had this week and then the rest of my time. First of all I cant beleive that Im almost 20 years old. That is so wierd for me. Everyone keeps telling me that when you turn 20 on the mish, things really start to feel wierd and you get more serious. I feel like thats true because Im really making a break through with my spanish. But ill explain that later.

So this week I whent on 2 divisions. The first was with Elder Rodregez from Peru again. We had such a great time and we contacted a lot! This was the first time that I was a leader because we were in my area. I really suprised my self on how much I knew my area and how to ask for directions and finding new people. One thing he taught me is that door knocking helps your spanish alot. So for the rest of the day we knocked doors and I am pretty good at my elevador pitch. We also have 2 new people to teach from that as well. It was honestly very fun. And great journal entries for when people yelled at us. One guy yelled at us because I started laughing that he was only wearing underwear. My other division was with Elder Hirst. He almost has 2 years and I was the one talking to everyone and asking for everything. Its great because he kept telling me that he was glade to be with me because I spoke better than him. We had a great day teaching but we ran into an abandond colonia and were chased out by a pack of dogs and the police. It was really dark and I was very scared. We also contacted everyone on the street in this colonia that we dont know so we could have families to teach there. Now we have a family of five!

Other than those two days, we havnt been teaching that much, Elder Sic has been very sick. He is getting ready for changes this next week. We found out that he has a 90% chance he is leaving. I hope I get an american companion. I think that would be a lot of fun. And there has been a lot of talk of me being the districk leader too.

So today, as a surprise, my whole district took me to fun zone in our area. We had such a great time and I feel so good that they would do something nice for me, even though I had to pay for it. I took a lot of picturtes this week so I hope you all enjoy them. I love you all and cant wait to tell you all of my success this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment