We asked BJ to share some advice to the youth of our ward for MTC night. This was his response ...
Well let me first just say that if any of you are wanting or waiting to go on a mission that speaks a different language, get ready for some serious work! I cant tell you how much of a blessing it is. You really need to be relying on the spirit 24/7 and let me just tell you, it is great to have him as your constant companion. To be able to feel the spirit everyday for 2 years will be the greatest trait you can have when teaching other people and yourself.
Well one time in the miss, in my 2nd area, I was having a terrible time. My zone leader told me something that I never forgot. He told me to make up in my mind right then that there was nothing that was going to happen to make me go home. After that day I have tried so hard to be the best I can be. Now for some advise from my own mind. 2 years is not alot to give to someone who has given you everything.
Thank you for your desire to serve the Lord, you will truly be happy when you are serving him with all that you’ve got. Not only will you really learn the gospel, but you will really learn alot about yourself. Don’t take this time that you have now for granted. Work hard, be grateful, and LOVE the lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment