February 17, 2014


Wow, what a week! I think that this week was one of my favorites. I think I should explain more about my new area since I didn't have much time the past two weeks. I will try to fill you in as much as time allows.

I am in the area called Tulancingo 2 because there are now two companionships here in the ward. I live in an appartment whitch is super nice because our light and water bill is always the same each month. We can use the heater all night and morning. Our apartment is almost in the center to the city so it is really close to everything like transportation etc. As you can imagine, it gets pretty crazy on the weekends here.

Our area is so big that we end up taking about 5 buses daily and yes, we ran out of money. The offce is super cranky and don't believe us when we ask for more so they aren't giving us more. Don't freak out but we have been hicthhiking a lot. The ward here is great and has been super nice to me about being veggie. Our bishop is not great, however. He loves being in charge and puts new rules for us missionaries and threatens to ask president to send us home if we don't do what he says. But don't worry, the President is coming down tomorrow to talk some sense into him.

Elder Camal is great!  We work so well together and have had a lot of success.  This week we finished with 44 lessons, 2 baptisms and 1 marriage. On Saturday, we baptized 2 women and the day before we got the mother to marry her boyfriend after 20 years. Two weeks before we were praying for a miracle to happen to get them married. We got the call that they were getting married and then we had the baptism a day after. It was a great baptism because I planned it all and made a program and everything.

Our other investigators are having a hard time.  We are having difficulty getting them to come to church, they just wont come. Our new convert that we just gave the priesthood to, "needed" to step outside for a quick smoke. In other words, I have a lot of work to do, but that's what I love most.

I finally received some letters from you guys that were dated from before Christmas. I just know that Elder and Hermana Ramos aren't giving me my mail, they just hate it when the American Elders get mail.

This week I felt really good, we have tried to be really obedient to receive blessings from our work. Well, I love you guys so much and can't wait to hear from all of you this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment