Dear Family,
My week was really great, things are really starting to pick up here in Ojo de Agua. After the Sunday leader conference, the missionaries have been getting a lot of work done with their wards. Our district is having a compatition for these next weeks before changes to see who can try to have the most lessons. On, tuesday, I went on divisions with my ditrict leader in my area. It was a great day but a lot of walking. We had 5 lessons and found a new person to start teaching!!! He has denied every other missionary before but he listened to us and started crying when his wife, who is a member, gave the closing prayer. We also put a bautismal date with someone who isnt even in our area but it should be great for the missionaries who live there.
SO earlier this month we ran out of money earlier than expected so we have been walking awhole lot to and from all of our visits. Unfortnatly, all of our visits have been really far away. One family that we found, who is a part family, lives on the far side of our area. When we were walking to their house we met them half way to take some photos and get a ride in ther car. It was such a great experience for me to see where and how they lived and how much love was in their family. Really an eye opener.
Also this week I completed 9 months!!! How carzy is that!! I have been gone for so long but I feel like I just left. I feel so new, and like I am learning a lot more than the people I am teaching. Now I have about 5.5 months here in Ojo de Agua. Time for a change. I do love it here tho. I think in the next month, Elder Rodriguez and I could get 3 more baptisms.
Well I love you guys so much and cant wait to hear from you soon. Thank you for your prayers!
Elder Byron Joseph Smith Elton
Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
No comments:
Post a Comment