Well well well. This week has been one to remember. First things first, I have been thinking alot about my emails to you guys and I have decided to start spending a long time on them. Well, my new companion is deffinatly my best friend. He knows no English and I am increadibly happy about this. When we recived our new about our companions, President Egbert thought I was ready to be senior companion. He also told me that he needs me to learn spanish compleatley this cycle because he has some leadership possisions for me. Well durring the changes confrence, I found out that Elder Hixon is in my zone and we can play soccer and have zone activities together.
My new area is amazing. I love it so much already. It is so huge and it takes about 2 hours to walk from end to end. And there are no combis to take us from end to end as well so we have been doing a lot of walking this past week. I will explain more in detail but sice I got here we have 5 new investigators. One is getting baptized this saterday, and as of today, we have a whole family to teach. We have been working really hard eith the president of relife sosciety and she has given us like 10 names to contact. But speaking of nvestigators, all of them came to church to hear us give our talks. It was one of the best talks I have ever giving and I tryed to record it for you but something was wrong with my reccording thing. Just know that people stoped giving me a hard time about not eating meat.
Speaking of which, I can finally express that I cannot eat meat. But everyone is trying to convince me that chicken isnt meat, so I started to say that I dont eat animals. They still dont think chicken are animals. But no worries, I finally got over being sick. We live in a house behind a dentists house and she is a doctor so we can get our teath cleaned and medicine for free. I have a dentist appointment with her tonight, she cleans our teeth for free.
Sister Egbert finnaly told me that they started doing this new way of sending our families letters. We send them to the offices in Pachuca and they send it to church head quarters, and finally to you. So Im finally going to send you letters but first I need you to send me FOREVER stamps because we dont have a post office in our whole area.
Well a little more about my companion. We are best friends. I am so glade that I can talk to him in Spanish! I am blown away about how much Spanish I know already, I am so greatful and I love this language. I think when I get home Im going to further study it. I want to be able to speak as well as dad. Right now I would say that I speak just as well as Tenner, maybe better. Well that all i can really thing of that happened this week. Other than all the dead dogs everywhere and that fact that they kill the chicken right in front of you in the street, thats about it.
Im so glad to be apart of this great work. I feel so blessed everyday to wake up and wear the name of our Lord and Savior Jesucristo over my heart. This gosple changes people. I know because I have seen the difference it has made in peoples lives. My ability to speak spanish is not perfect, but I know that the Holy Spirit speaks in all languages. Teaching that families can be together forever is a lot easier when you have a family as great as mine. I love you.
-Elder Byron Joseph Smith Elton
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:
Post a Comment